Ash Wednesday is March 5th, 2014, Palm Sunday is April 13th and Easter Sunday is April 20th
Contact: The Rev. Craig Vance
Palm Sunday - 8:30am, said BCP service with procession. 10am family BAS service with palm procession
Maundy Thursday - potluck 6pm followed by traditional footwashing liturgy and stripping of the altar: 6:00 pm
Good Friday - 10am Stations of the Cross in Christ Church Cemetery (weather permitting). 11am Good Friday Liturgy
Holy Saturday - 8:30pm, Easter Vigil (with incense)
Easter Sunday - 8:30am, said Easter Sunday service. 10am Family contemporary Easter service with Easter egg hunt for kids and cappuccino for adults.
(The Place of New Beginnings) Contact: Connie Bailey Wilks
- 10.30am and 7pm
- 7pm, Eucharist Monday through Wednesday in Holy Week, April 14-16, 7pm
- Begins at 6pm, Potluck Supper and Gethsemane Watch
- 7pm, Eucharist and Easter Vigil
- 10:30am, Eucharist
Contact: Reverend Neil Gray
Ash Wednesday - 10:30am Holy Communion. 7:30pm, Special Ecumenical Eucharist
Palm Sunday - 8am Holy Communion. 10am, Procession and Sung Eucharist
Maundy Thursday - 10:30am, Liturgy of the Lord's Supper
Good Friday - 10:30am, Liturgy of the Lord's Passion
Easter Sunday - 8am Holy Communion. 10am, Sung Eucharist
Pancake Supper - 6pm, Shrove Tuesday, March 4th.
Lenten Lunch - THURSDAY, MARCH 6, 11:30am - 1pm
The 2014 Interdenominational Lenten Lunches will take place in Griffiths Hall, at Holy Trinity this year. We will host the first lunch on March 6th.
Lenten Program - 7:30pm on Wednesdays and 2pm Fridays in Lent.
Session I – “Living as a disciple-maker” - Wednesday 12th March and repeated on Friday 14th March
Session II – “Living as the church” – Wednesday 19th March and repeated on Friday 21st March
Session III – “How to study the Bible” – Wednesday 26th March and repeated on Friday 28th March
Session IV – “Understanding the Old Testament” - Wednesday 2nd April and repeated on Friday 4th April
Session V – “Understanding the New Testament” – Wednesday 9th April and repeated on Friday 11th April
Contact: Chris Richards
- 10am, An all-age service including the Palm procession and a dramatic presentation of the Passion Gospel.
- 7:30 pm, Holy Eucharist with foot washing and the stripping of the Altar
- 10am Stations of the Cross - a meditative service using the traditional Stations of the Cross. 11am, Service of the Word with Holy Eucharist from the reserve Sacrament. 2pm Family-Oriented Stations of the Cross in the Hall. A simplified telling of the story of Holy Week using readings, activities, crafts and discussions.
- 9pm, Easter Vigil. A special service that starts with the lighting of the Paschal Candle from the Easter Fire, continues by recalling the history of God’s relationship with humanity from creation to the resurrection and concludes with the first Eucharist of Easter.
- 10am, Holy Eucharist. A joyful celebration of Easter
Contact: Sheila Johnston
- Worship with Holy Trinity, White Rock for Ash Wednesday
- 8am, BCP. 10am Liturgy of the Palms and Eucharist
- 7:30pm, Compline Prayer Service, Wednesday, April 16th
- 5:30pm, Christian Seder Supper and Holy Communion
- 9:30am Journey of the Cross, 10:30am Good Friday Service PLUS Good Friday program for children. 11:30am, Stations of the Cross, 3pm, Stations of the Cross for Families.
- 8am BCP, Holy Communion. 10am Family Holy Communion
- 5:30pm, Shrove Tuesday, March 4th in the Parish Hall
- A Holy Land Journey
– Come along on a journey to the Holy Land. We will take you on a fast-paced,visually inspiring & educational tour of Jerusalem, the temple, the cross & the empty tomb. Our personal guide will be Dave Stotts, host & editor of “A Drive Through History”. Your leader & moderator is Rev. Craig who will spend one month in Jerusalem this Spring on an Extended Study Leave. This is your opportunity to get a preview of what it is like to be there & explore on location the ancient world of the bible. The course will take place on 3 Thursday evenings in the Family Room at St. Mark’s – Ocean Park: March 13, 20 & 27, 7:30 to 9pm. There is no fee for this course. Please contact the office to register: 604-535-8841
Contact: Kelly Montfort
- 12noon and 6:30pm
- 8:30am, Holy Eucharist. 10am, Blessing of Palms in the Millennium Hall Liturgy of the Passion with Communion
- 12noon, Mid-Day Prayer and Reflection, Holy Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, April 14, 15 and 16
- 6:30pm, Liturgy of Maundy Thursday
- 8:30am, Holy Eucharist. 10am, The Great Easter Service. Renewal of Baptismal Vows with Communion
- 10am, June 8, A Liturgy celebrating the Ministry of all Baptized
- Lenten Series: A STUDY OF JOHN 3:16
Session 1: “For God”
March 12 @ 6:30pm
Session 2: “So loved the World”
Becoming the Ideal Person
March 19 @ 6:30pm
Session 3: “That He gave His only Son
Are there other Sons of God?
March 26 @ 6:30pm
Session 4: “So that everyone who believes in Him
Bet your life on
April 2 @ 6:30pm
Session 5: “May not perish but may have eternal life”
The Riches Life in the Richest City April 9 @ 6:30pm
Celebrating the Gifts of the Spirit - 6pm, Talent Night and Community Potluck Dinner May 3, Millennium Hall
Share your God given talent. Share your favorite Dish
For your talent presentation contact Andy Whitmore @ 604-591-8323.
St. Oswald, Port Kells
Contact Father Paul Illical